View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetteroheller View Post
Carter won the draw, Stoll was on the ice to play left wing and be there incase Carter was thrown out. Stoll was supposed to go out and cover the point man, but went over to help cover Drew's man instead, so wasn't in position when Drew poke the puck up the boards.
Ahh, thanks. I remember the Kings winning the draw, but didn't remember Carter being the center on the play. I simply assumed it was Stoll (bad idea). I do assume then that Stoll was out there in the event Carter was kicked out of the faceoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellerbyfan4 View Post
Stoll isn't very popular among King fans is he? (Sorry I'm a brand new fan since Friday)
No, Stoll is not very popular. A lot of that has to do with his lack of offensive production as a 2nd line center, then after the Richards acquisition as a 3rd line center.

It's reasonable to question the re-signing of Stoll for 3 years and the amount he received on that contract. He probably would have gotten a similar offer as a UFA though. I think we may very well see a center corps of Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll in the near future, if Toffoli's development supports a move like that.

Fraser has had a very poor start to this season and may not be back in the lineup anytime soon.

Last edited by KINGS17: 02-11-2013 at 02:30 PM.
KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote