View Single Post
02-11-2013, 03:27 PM
carrying the flag
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I'm curious as to what you're expecting from a sub-par face off center with a sporatic history of offense.
Um. This is us trading Brassard, not y'all trading Gagner.

Seriously, the "denigrate the player you're trying to get to justify low-balling" act gets really old really fast.

Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I'm not sure about that. The BJs are in excellent position going forward, I'm actually quite a fan of the team - not sure why, I guess because we've had good trade negotiations in the past.

I think they want to purge themselves of this kid once and for all, likely because he doesn't fit the mould of player they want to bring in. I can buy into that and it makes me nervous thinking that we might try to acquire him. I think the BJs would ideally like a 1st rounder or an NHL ready player, but a 'higher tiered' prospect + a solid, young goaltender might be the ticket. Perhaps Ottawa has to add a piece here or there, but I'm sure deep down BJ fans know that Brassard's value has tailed off a lot - and that there still might be a deal made even though that's happened.
Part of the issue with this analysis is the presumption that we have any interest in goaltending other than "proven NHL starter." We have lots of goaltenders, but none of them are consistent starters.

Personally, I'm looking more for someone who can shield the kids as they grow, rather than MOAR PROSPECTS (because Brass's value for such things is going to be low, as stated). Other CBJ fans might disagree.

Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Down With Dr. Evil - Fire Kekalainen.
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote