View Single Post
02-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Best @ tanking ainec
vCash: 500
MVP? (and why)
Honestly, it's between Dubnyk, Gagner and Schultz. Dubnyk's doing his best Lundqvist impression, starting all the games and giving us a remarkable chance to win in every single of one of them... While Gagner has been superb offensively (i.e. all of our offence)... While Schultz has been spectacular. Better than anyone would have ever pegged him to be.

Player who has surprised you with his play this season?
Gagner/Schultz. Schultz more so, because holy crap, he's good.

Player who has disappointed you with his play this season?
Smyth. Watching the heart and soul of the 90s Oilers skate like a rock and hook to survive is depressing.
Whitney. Because he sucks.

Strongest area of the team? (offense/D/Goaltending)
... Goaltending and the PK.

Thoughts on coaching and system in place?
Big fan of Krueger coming in. I don't think his Swiss-rope-a-dope style is going to succeed here, because our defence isn't strong enough.

Positives from the Oilers so far?
Gagner might be a good-to-great 1B centre. Dubnyk might be a good to great 1A starter. Schultz might be a good-to-great prophet of hockey.

Areas where the Oilers need to improve?
Faceoffs. Health. 5on5. Power play. 3rd and 4th lines. Forwards. Defence. Cycle game. Playing the cycle game. Puck watching. Puckside attack. Breakouts. Preventing breakouts. Being physical.

Overall grade for the Oilers?
B+ based purely on their placement at 8th in the Western Conference
C+ based on their play. The record is kind, but accurate. You don't get to lose the won games. Nobody cares we blew it against Columbus. It's a W.

Revised season outcome for the Oilers (in terms of position in the NHL/West they finish)?
I said 12th in the West, I'm going to keep it there so I can be pleasantly surprised if they do better.

Mcnofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote