View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
EspenK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Its been rough, but it will get better imo. This team is young, and has many new faces in the lockeroom. The growing will continue, lines will get settled in, and the goal tending will get better.

I don't expect the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarters of the season to be this bad. By the end of the year we'll be sitting in 10th or 11th in the West and playing .500 hockey imo.
Does winning 1 of the last 2 count?

Omverall the grade has to be an F. Tied for 26th in the league (with all teas having at least 2 games in hand) is what it is. Even if we are grading on a curve I'm not sure it is much better.

Our touted goalie improvement and stronger defense ain't exactly shuttin' 'em down.

Our offense is as bad and possibly worse than we hoped/expected.

Johansen still isn't ready. Not being critical just pointing out another situation that hasn't lived up to (unrealistic?) expectations.

Dorsett on the "first line" - enough said.

Penalty kill is actually a bright spot and would get the highest marks from me.

Being a tough team to play against has been an up and down thing. Last night we were tough to play against yet still lost.

Other teams are struggling in this fast starting season. LA, Washington, Philly (although they are showing signs of life). St L & SJ started great but have slumped. We have been one of the most consistent. Although if I remember correctly we had 4 pts after 3 games.

Overall not surprising but disappointing because most of us wanted to believe that Bob and the new guys would show some minimal improvement over last year.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote