View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Scott04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN View Post
There's a train in Basking Ridge, but the line it's on connects into Broad St instead of Penn Station. I'm not sure how the walk is from there, but it's technically an option.

Considering the distance and time involved, I'd prefer to drive in from out there.
The walk from Newark Broad is "doable" but a pain. Not recommended, especially at this time of year. Last thing you want to do when its this cold out. Just take the light rail from Newark Broad to Newark Penn if that's the way to go about it. From experience though, as I live near towns on the Morris/Essex lines which only go to Newark Broad, its usually just easier to drive all things considered. My options are drive 25 minutes and park right next to the arena or drive 10-15 minutes to a train station with limited parking and then take a 20-30 minute train... Just not really worth it especially since savings are minimal.

I would say he's best off driving and leaving early enough in case he has a little issue figuring out the directions (or to go eat somewhere next to the arena ahead of time).

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote