View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:23 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Clode's Homie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
His fanbase has been craving a new era for the past half of a decade. If Feaster wants the Bruins to clear their cupboards, he can go pound sand. Chiarelli is more intelligent than that, and you can bet that any legitimately successful franchise has someone with at least a half a brain at the helm. No one is trading their best prospects for Iginla... and NO ONE is even going to come close to offering a player like Tyler Seguin.

Feaster can either attempt to justify his return for Iginla at the trade deadline (less than everyone will think) OR he can spend an off-season attempting to explain why he didn't get SOMETHING for his aging star after he signs elsewhere with nothing to show.
I'm not saying I would be in favor of such a deal and I'm not arguing against any of the above (I actually agree with everything you said sans the 'no one will trade their best prospects for Iginla') just thinking it out logically. I'm actually on board with you man, I don't want Iginla because of what I think he will cost. If he could be had for Caron and a 2nd, then the deal should've been done yesterday.

A much lesser deal is not only the more likely transaction, but it would also be better for the future continuity of being able to skate a winning team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Might be a long shot but Khudobin is playing well and if he keeps it up I wonder if he could be a trade asset. He will be a free agent and if you package him with someone it might get you something useful in return. I know he's the backup I don't see why you couldn't promote someone from AHL.
Goalie trades very rarely happen in the offseason nevermind at the deadline. Khudobin is worth more as the Bruins back-up than what they are likely to net in return.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote