Old
02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
You come across like a reasonable fan, and you sure post like one, but then you go and say things like you'd want Hemsky, but would decline that because he has past injury issues. IF Tambo was as stupid as to offer you Hemsky for Gagner-lite you take it and run.
Lemme put it this way. Our medical staff over here is not what you would call the class of the NHL.

I'm not sure what y'all see when you look at Hemsky. At this point what I see is another Kristian Huselius. A straight-up deal for Brassard is probably not in the cards, but we wouldn't be adding much... and the injury risk still makes me flinch.

Quote:
MPS and a pick is a fair piece and you won't see much better than that in the real world.
"A pick" is accurate if you're talking a 2nd rather than a 3rd.

Quote:
Regardless of whether or not you need LW at this time, CBJ is going to need to make more than one trade to get what they're looking for. More LW means more options to trade for an better RW.
Er. Not necessarily. Quality-for-quantity offers are pretty rare, and generally only made by teams that are lacking depth in general and need to stock up. That can happen with centers and RWs, but LWs are frequently in high supply around the league. Expecting to trade multiple LWs to patch RW issues is probably not a good idea.

Quote:
The Hall, Eberle + 1st quip is still relevant, considering you just asked for Hemsky for Brassard and even then you're ho-humming about it.
Er. I made no such proposal. Mentioning that Hemsky would be a target (and not ideal for what we're looking for, incidentally) is not the same as asking for him for Brass straight up.

Quote:
We might have considered that a year ago. But Brassard's value has gone down and Hemsky's has gone up.
We may have to agree to disagree on Hemsky's value.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote