View Single Post
02-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Le depisteur
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
There's always a risk to signing young players to an ELC,

However, where you're confused, is that you ignore the fact that there's a risk to not offering an ELC as well.

Bergevin could have picked up 4 of Subban's UFA years for ~4.5 million dollars, as well as created long-term stability on defense. Now, due to the fact that the cap is going to go up by 5%/year average in the long-term, and the fact Subban will be more proven and better, the risk is that Bergevin will have to pay 6.5-7.5 million.

Quite frankly, most of us think the odds of Subban succeeding are high, and as such we're more concerned with the latter risk since it is more probable.
What is the problem to pay Subban big sucks in 2 years if he becomes one of the best D in the league? Where is the risk? I understand the cap factor, but I don't see a problem if Subban confirms what many peoples thinks here about him...

In brief, people here are less interested to have a very good defenseman if we have to pay him... Bergevin is ready to give big money to a very good defenseman, but he just wanted to be sure Subban will be. And for that, this board called him a moron, and that's why I spoke...