View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
nhlfan9191

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
no problem

im growing frustrated with the responses - people are nitpicking points but sidestepping the main premise. debating semantics is pointless.

theodore has not been not playing well lately. he was great the first 3 games he started, but since then he hasn't been good. there is something wrong with his technique, and i'm not a goaltending coach so i can't pinpoint it exactly, but i know enough about the position (having played it for 20+ years, competitively) to see it. just about every weak goal has been on his blocker side when shooters are coming off his left side. he's leaving too much room short side in those situations. it almost looks like he's guessing, but he's not (no goalie at this level does that...obviously) the sulzer goal in particular in buffalo was laughably bad.

he needs to correct it quickly or we're in trouble, unless of course, our management is listening and give a certain someone a chance to step in while theo finds his game. but we don't have much time for him to figure it out or we're going to get buried.
For a guy who has played the position for 20+ years, you would think you could figure out Theodore's problem isn't technique, it's confidence. When he isn't confident, he is flat out horrible. It's been that way throughout his career.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote