View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:53 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Basically, I agree with TG so thanks for writing that.

Look folks, one of the things we used to covet were players that had won a Stanley Cup because players that had done it know what it takes. Well, know we have over 20 players of that type on our roster.

The loss of Mitchell and Greene are having an impact. Let's give Sutter and the boys a chance to figure this out before we start going nuts.

I can tell you this, even with winning the cup Dean never stopped or stops looking for ways to improve the hockey club's player personnel. It's a little too early in the season to be too discouraged.
I agree it's early, but it's certainly OK to be discouraged now. I agree the Kings have played some excellent hockey of late, but they are still losing.

Borrowing from Quisp who does a good job taking the good with the bad...

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/2013/...ome-good-news/

Going back to the arrival of Gretzky (1988), the Kings have had fewer than 8 points after ten games only once. In 2009 (the year we finished fifth from last and drafted Brayden Schenn).

Since 1988, the Kings had 8 points after ten games five times.
They made the playoffs once out of those five. 2001-2002. (So I guess that’s the first bit of good news?)

The Kings are currently in 14th place, second to last, in both the official and in my points-blown standings.

However, in points-blown, they are only 2 points-blown out of 7th place. (So that’s the second bit of good news.)

The Kings have the worst 5-on-5 save-percentage in the league."

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote