View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 04:53 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That's part of our worry. He wouldn't be "the man" in Columbus. At a minimum Johansen would ultimately likely be above him, and we hope to get another such center through this year's draft. If all goes well he'd ultimately end up competing with Boone Jenner.

He does have a better chance of being a significant core player here than he does in Colorado, but it's not an open-and-shut case.

Well I would never trade ROR for RyJo straight up . And I like Jenner but I don't think that he will turn out better than ROR.
Ryan's agent apparantely made the claim that ROR is better than Duchene and therefore needs to be paid more. Yeah it is his agent and I know how contract negotiations are but looking at this I don't really think that he would be scared by the competition in Columbus. If you get MacKinnon and he stays at Center, ROR is the perfect 2nd line center.

@ Gagnefan : I am pretty sure that CBJ could talk to ROR before making the trade. I mean why would the league disallow this? Tampering is sanctioned in order to protect the other franchise. I don't think the Avs would want to file a complaint about increasing their potential return in a trade....

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote