View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 03:56 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am not disagreeing with you. Heading into the playoffs, Boyle should be a 3rd/4th liner, but if the Rangers feel Miller needs more time to develop I would rather they not rush him.
Miller has looked great in the first couple games. But we see that in a lot of players. We saw it in Callahan, who ended up being sent down for half a season before he stuck full time, we saw it in MDZ, who had a great first season and an awful first half of the second one, then he was sent down. We were teetering on the edge with Kreider at first, but it seems he can make the jump (not 100% yet). Honestly, it's extremely common for guys in the rangers system (i'm not as familiar with others) to come in, play a bunch of games, even as much as a season, then fall hard into bad habits that they end up having to work out in the minors.

Maybe Miller will stick, no one knows, but he certainly has some kinks that need to be worked out. Maybe they will be overshadowed by his other skills and he can work them out at the NHL level, but there's a chance he could be sent back down. If the Rangers think that's best for his development, then that is what you do. Torts said that after he scored the two goals. He's not going to ruin a kids development to help the team now. Hopefully he sticks and gets better, but i sure as hell won't be upset if he has to be sent back down to work out stuff. If the Rangers have proven anything since the lockout, it's that they know how to develop players properly and with patience.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote