View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I don't care where the Leafs finish this year as long as Reimer is doing good.

People do realize that hoping for tanking is essentially hoping that Reimer fails right?

If Reimer fails, we're back at square one in terms of goaltending and #1C.

Reimer continues his play and we have our future goalie and dont have to worry about it.

Plenty of good players picked outside of the top 10. If the Leafs are out of contention, then it's time to sell and finish as low as possible.

Plus, why would Corey Perry/any top UFA for example come to the Leafs if he would be under pressure to help this team make the playoffs? Make the playoffs, get that monkey off our back and UFA's will be more inclined to come.
exactly. I honestly can't believe the amount of fools that think tanking (the high pick) is going to solve any more problems. This board, people hype up prospects to no end. It's as people just want a shiny box of prospects that they can show off, than actually want winning results. I don't care if other teams look like they have shiny prospects, all I care is if they helping the team win. If the Leafs suck again, what progress is actually being made here. It only shows how far we would be and the pieces here are all expendable which I dont' believe is the case. Even if we narowly miss the playoffs or make it as a low seed, we can still pick up a good player at where we pick.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote