View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Thriller View Post
Well now i have to eat crow because Asham scored last night...

Asham in his prime was both a better goal scorer and a better skater than Boyle. But in three full seasons at the NHL level Boyle's averaging 12 goals (his 21 goal campaign should offset his 4 goals the season prior). He's probably going to be a 25-30 point player for the foreseeable future.

Asham CAN produce at these levels and has in the past, but until last night I hadn't seen anything particularly stellar about his play. He's been a nonfactor, and his staged fights have brought nothing to the table. With our penalty kill still shaky, I think Boyle's biggest asset (his penalty killing) is worth icing him over a 34 year old fourth liner who only plays at even strength.

At least that was my thinking until last night. The fourth line looked great as a unit and Asham buried one when he had the chance, which is more than Boyle's done with the puck all season. I'll gladly eat crow if the Rangers keep winning.
Sorry for the harshness of my post. If Boyle gets back in i think it will be for Halpern, not Asham.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote