View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Obviously not a Boro fan. The organization has been hyping Boro since he played up here last yr & he seems to have a future with Ottawa. My guess is it won't be until Phillips is gone but he could be a 7th d until that time. I have watched every game he has played & as a rookie I thought he has played quite well. He has made mistakes but what rookie doesn't. I like the nastiness that he brings, I wish Phillips played with more of a nastiness to his game. He seemed to in one game & played better because of it.
I like Boro and what he brings as much as anyone. However I believe the organization that has been hyping him was the same organization that demoted him.

Murray likes the guy's work ethic, his fearlessness, and his desire to play in the NHL. Unfortunately the rest of his game just isn't NHL ready yet.

Phillips plays more physical than most give him credit for, he's not a fighter but is 6th on the team in hits, 3rd for Dmen. Phillips also protects the puck well, with only 2 GvAs this season.

What I would like to see is Boro play more like Phillips with the puck and not try to make hitting the only thing he does. IMO if Boro can do this he will be an excellent 3rd pairing D for the Sens.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote