View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 04:32 PM
dubplatepressure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Kuli is also one of my favourite players and what I'd term as a glue guy. He can do a little bit of everything well but nothing exceptional.

Kuli is a UFA after next year though and if he wants to test free agency or get a big paycheque his value will never be higher then this deadline so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Nonis move him.

The addition of JVR and emergence of Frattin/Komarov have given the really really good depth at the wing. Another factor is that Colborne has quietly put up 15 points in 14 AHL games since the new year and should be ready to see more NHL action by next season at the latest.

Steckel would be lucky to return a late pick.

Komisarek nobody would want at this point but could have value next season as an expiring contract so we might as well keep him and can always buy him out in the summer if necessary.

CMac wouldn't bring nearly as good of a return as Kuli. CMac should have been traded last deadline.

Agreed on the depth. JVR has (so far) worked out wonderfully for us, and the move was a classic case of using our depth to our advantage, the same thing Pittsburgh wants to do. I agree that Clarke wouldn't yield much of a return, especially now, I only see him as a package where teams looking to shore up their 2nd/3rd line wing and get some defensive depth will want.

The Komi thing is so wierd... I mean on the one hand, the guy has looked solid in the games he's played. Quicker, more responsible. On the other, we're playing well and winning without him, and Carlyle seems to have a preference to the younger guys. To me, I see this as classic showcasing. I can see us interchanging Holzer, Fraser and Komi with basically no net loss other than the occasional scrap from Fraser, which we may not need every game. Kostka may also be trade fodder, and we've won with Gunner out of the lineup too, and looked good doing it - we are much tougher.

Tough call for Nonis, after the 10 game mark he has lots of options. Good place to be in though.