View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 04:35 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
And at the same time, Brodin could be better than all of them as well.

Isn't that exactly what I said? "have the chance to be as good or better" and that it's too early to say. I don't see how it's hard to understand my statement.

What I mean is that right now all of those guys "appear" to be in the conversation, together, of who could be the best player from that group. And at the same time, I guarantee you that if you polled scouts right now, some may say they would keep Brodin, and some may already say that they'd rather have Trouba, Rielly, Lindholm or someone else on that list. We're talking about 18 to 20 year old guys who are 6 months to 2.5 years removed from being drafted. It's too early to say anything definitive yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Possibly (Larsson is the big one along with Trouba). But as Brodin is playing at such a high level in the NHL already and is still growing and developing, I rather take the known than the potential.
Nobody is holding a gun to Fletcher's head saying you have to make a decision on a trade right now. This is a hypothetical discussion about who may be the best player to emerge from the last 3 drafts.

jmelm is online now   Reply With Quote