View Single Post
02-11-2013, 05:46 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Could part of exGMDM's success rate be because he was the GM of an expansion team? I would think it is easier for draft picks to make the NHL on an expansion team. Also, maybe exGMDM pushed his draft picks into the NHL even if they shouldn't have been. You are probably going to have a higher success rate if you bring prospects onto your team quickly. A team that doesn't may have less players make the NHL, but the ones who do are ready when they get there. How good you are is probably another factor. I would think more draft picks make bad teams. Just a thought.
Doug had 17 players play more than 160 NHL games. Of those players, 11 are still in the league (Nash, Klesla, Aaron Johnson, Tim Jackman (who knew?), Marc Methot, Adam McQuaid, Kris Russell, Jared Boll, Steve Mason, Derick Brassard and Derek Dorsett)—and note that Grant Clitsome still has a chance to make the list.

The guys not in the league are Fritsche, Zherdev, Andrew Murray, Tollefsen, LeClaire and Brule. Zherdev played . Murray wasn't rushed by Doug...he didn't play until Howson was in charge. I never felt LeClaire was rushed per se. I'd argue Brule might have had a LONGER career if he hadn't been rushed. That leaves Tollefsen and Fritsche. You tell me if they would/wouldn't have played elsewhere in the league. Bot did hang on after their Jackets days were over ever so briefly.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote