View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Zman5778

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
That's literally exactly what he said. "It's a part of the plan"... he wanted him to see the game from up top; my issue is that he mentioned "it's the second of back-to-back's"... Your 18-year old rookie is the one whose legs you're worried about? Come on. It's not like he's never played games on consecutive nights in his young career. That shouldn't have any bearing there.
Even Patrick Roy had mentioned that conditioning was one of Mikhail's weaker points, so it's not like conditioning isn't a known issue.

2nd of a back-to-back and 6th in 8 days? Against a team known for physicality who was likely going to look for a modicum of payback for the beatdown we handed them eariler?

IMO, the benching came at a perfect time and makes total sense to me. It's the perfect game for him to watch and learn. And looking at our upcoming schedule, we don't go back-to-back at the end of a 6 in 8 again.

And technically speaking, he wasn't benched for Hecht, who has played every game this year --- he was technically benched for McCormick, who I thought played an OK game.