View Single Post
02-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Iron Mike
vCash: 500
I will put in my $.02 for what it's worth. I don't believe that Jag68Sid87 compared the Pens to the Yankees in a spending money, overall dominant franchise sort of way. I belive that he was refering to the wondow of time in we have arguably the two top players in the game as well as several other stars. Having the to top players in the game doesn't happen often in any sport. There is only a limited amount of time to capitalize on that advantage and letting Byslma learn how to be a coach by failing in the playoffs during that window might seem like wasting our talent level.

Personally 100+ point season don't mean a thing to me if the Pens can't make it out of the first round. I would give Bylsma the rest of the season and if the is not substancial playoff progress (ECF, SCF), I would strongly advocate a new coach as well as a new gm. I like Byslma, his system of play is fun to watch, and his personality seems to go well with the city. I just feel that with a health core of Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Fleury, etc, we should be seeing more postseason success.

Iron Mike is offline   Reply With Quote