View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 06:53 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
In case you missed the last game (and a couple other games this season), it was void of any physical contact and was quite honestly one of the most boring games as a Senators fan I have ever witnessed. I think the lack of intensity justifies a discussion just as much as taking a beat down.

Lastly, who made you debate judge? There's solid discussion in this thread, I fail to see an 'incredibly one-sided debate' here. Both sides have presented opinions and continue to discuss those opinions.
Generally speaking, trap hockey or whatever you want to call it is boring. Winnipeg didn't play a physical game either and yet they came away with the 2 points. The team needed to break the trap, not throw more hits. What concerns me more is we can't gain the opposition's blueline without one of Turris, Karlsson or Alfredsson on the ice. Teams may start taking liberties with these guys if we can't punish the opposition on the PP.

Having more guys who can run around throwing borderline hits and fight isn't going to solve these problems. If anything we need more of these so called soft players. It seems to be working alright for Chicago in the big tough western conference.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote