View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 06:00 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Looks like the Memorial Cup application is full speed ahead. So I hear, at least.
In light of this info came up with some interesting numbers as it relates to
point totals of players expected to return to their respective teams that have,or
are expected to bid to host,excluding overagers,as of today

Barrie= 186 pts by returning players to date,potential O/as,ZHall,MTheoret,ALepkowski
Potential problem-the #1 goalie Fontinos is only 18 years old,concerns of overall
depth,especially if Hall or Theoret go pro,I can see Theoret moving on ,not Hall

Guelph=300 pts by returning players to date- potential o/as,Z.Mitchell,RHorvat,GSparkes
D.Polizani,potential problems if Sparkes turns pro they will need a front goalie,lots
of players moving on Posa,Beukeboom,McNaughton,Pedan,Richard,Waitling,o nly 9
forwards with ohl exp returning

London-404 pts by returning players to date,expected O/a- A Broadhurst,S.Griffith
though i dont think so,J Sefton,unlikely
Potentil problems only 4 D returning with Ohl experience,though they will fill with
at least 1 maybe 2 O/A s re this position

Windsor-322 pts by returning players to date,potential o/a s- R Giftopoulous,JPavelka
not likely if he keeps up his recent poor play
Potential problems- If Pavelka does not return goaltending in the hands of little used
Jordan Dekort,and the inexperienced Dalen Kuchmey,only 9 forwards with ohl exp
returning excl O/As,bottom 6 forwards need to be improved,another front end forward
needed
Strengths 8 defencemen with ohl exp 9 if u include McNaughton returning most of
any team bidding
Much like London will room for 1 maybe 2 O/A s
Another problem likely is if Windsor does not make playoffs,as is the case right now
may not look good in the eyes of the committee

My view is that London has the best potential roster returning overall,although their
defence may be suspect re experience returning only 4 and their goalies are yet
proven still rookies this year,to be determined,will they win this year inspite of their goal tending? Dont know
Barrie in my view has the weakest returning roster,a small building,have not hosted
league events in years,the fact the east conference won the last bid,make me think they wont get serious consideration by the committee
Another factor re London is the that hosted in 2005 too soon in my view to get it
despite the largest building attendance wise
As for Guelph pretty good returning roster though goaltending will be a huge question mark if Sparkes does not return,only 9 forwards returning,concerns about their bottom 6 as well upfront,defence is good but not great,the city of Guelph has not hosted over events for awhile,arena is 2nd lowest for crowd capacit
Windsor has done many events league,chl,-17 sanctioned events pretty well,and I am speaking of the city"s support as well as the efforts of the Spits orgaization,this along with any financial should go a long way in determining who should host this event
I think it will between Windsor and London in the end,and I am not predicting who
wins,but if I were to guess its London
We probably wont get to see if London can win a mem cup on the road,like Windsor has twice