View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 06:42 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
In Kevin Cheveldayoff's interview with Hustler and Lawless he reiterated how respectful Scheifele is , his disappointment in not staying , which we all know. He also mentioned a couple of times that Mark really asked what he needed to improve , to do to stay , not casually or generally but Chevy said it so we all should know it was pretty detailed.

Mark will be making his legs a focus imo , he will get them bigger and stronger and anchor himself better. As you said , this offseason will be all about getting him better in the areas he needs to . Personally I think he sticks next fall .
Good post, I didn't catch the interview myself so thanks for the recap.

The Ottawa sentators as an organization do a great job of developing their young talent. One thing that they do that I would really like to see the Jets emulate is that they bring in a number of their top prospects for the summer to work day in day out with the teams strength/conditioning coaches right under the watchful eye of the organization. They do it by having a couple of team owned houses that they put up the kids in for the summer. Since Chevy and the organization value the one on one aspect I see no reason why they couldnt bring Mark, Lowry etc in for the entire summer to work with their coaches and trainers. I think it would have a positive impact.