View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 07:22 PM
jagrgodr

vCash: 500
I think his biggest problem with Lavi was his limited TOI. He averaged 16:20 over the full season last year. He only had 15 minutes average TOI in the playoffs, but i dont remember if he was injured in the playoffs or not.

I think he also had a problem with how he was shuffled around after returning from his injury from the winter classic, he really declined in points after that. He was reduced to the 2nd line and off the top power play unit for most of the end of the season and it looked like if he resigned with the flyers he would have been put on the 2nd line.

I personally hated Lavi's coaching style. He insisted on running 4 lines and almost ALWAYS ran them in order, which would drive me absolutely crazy. There would be TV timeouts with the 3rd line out there before the break, and when they came back from break he would put out the 4th line when it was obvious that the 1st line was well rested and ready to go. When you had arguably the best 1st line in the league last year, why in the hell would you want to roll 4 lines equally?!? And on top of that, he would almost always burn the timeout in the first 10 minutes of the game and he put Jagr in front of the net on the PP. It was a brutal season to watch honestly and i was glad he didn't go back.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote