View Single Post
Old
07-07-2006, 07:24 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19 View Post
Don't want to be a thorn in your side, but the bruins will have a good amount of homegrown talent on the roster. Bergeron, Murray, Axelsson, Stastny, Alberts, Toivonen, Thomas, Jurcina, and M. Stuart will be playing for the Bruins, all drafted by Boston(except Thomas, but Boston is the only place that ever gave him a chance). B. Stuart, Sturm, and Primeau were able to gel with the team last season after the Thornton trade. Other players who gelled last season include Boyes and Tanabe. Other homegrown talent that could possibly crack the roster include Krejci, Karsums, Kalus, Walter, Lashoff(unlikely), and possibly Kessel if he is ready to turn pro. They Bruins just bolstered their team this offseason, by adding two players in their prime (Chara and Savard), trading a problem for a solution (Boynton for Mara), and adding a third/fourth line energy guy who brings the speed that our GM Chiarelli wants (Donovan). Suffice to say, I think the Bruins are going to surprise a lot of people this upcoming year.

Don't worry, I also believe that your Habs team will make the playoffs. Your young players (such as Higgins, Plekanec, etc) now have more experience. The Habs could be a dangerous team next season.
Kessel might make the team imo. He wont be dominant but I see him with a boyes type season playing with Bergeron.

Kessel-Bergeron-Boyes
Murray-Savard-Sturm

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote