View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Ginu

vCash: 500
I'm breaking the roster down by availability:
Must keep- core players, keep at all costs
Should keep- players that should be kept unless they're packaged for a significant upgrade
Available- should be dealt this year
Totally available- fans will drive them to the airport to send them off

Must keep: Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gorges, Markov, Emelin, Prust, White
Should keep: Gallagher, Plekanec, Desharnais, Bouillon, Diaz, Moen, Weber, Bourque, Eller
Available: Cole, Gionta
Totally available: Kaberle, Armstrong

I would have liked to put Gallagher in the must keep, but then I thought, if a guy like Perry is available, would I deal him, and the answer is yes. Moen should be kept, so should Bourque. You're not gonna be given enough to let them go.

White is young and should be kept at all costs. We need youthful toughness to grow with the team as it gains experience. Some people will think I'm advocating keeping White over Plekanec or Gallagher. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying those two give a value that should allow us to get a significant player back. White isn't someone who'll get that level of interest, so I keep him.

Out of our Must Keeps, 4 of those players are or can be superstar caliber. Our aim should be to convert everyone else into 3 more.