View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 09:00 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
how much did they spend renovating it in 2005/06?

they bought it for $25m, and it originally cost 900m to make (adjusted for inflation)

marlins field cost 600m, twins cost 550, Busch cost 365m....yankees cost 1.5 billion

I dunno....I'd rather have a real grass Busch Stadium-type on the lake for 300+ than spending just as much putting lipstick on a pig. Though, I'd like to know what's in store for the renovations. 250 million is A LOT, maybe they'll make things really nice.
I don't like the idea of an open stadium with us potentially playing into the winter. The roof is a nice luxury. I think they'll work on not having it look so much like a concrete ring. I'm not exactly sure how they'd be able to accomplish it but I'm real pumped to see what a 250 million dollar face lift will look like. Just hoping they can accomplish a lot with that money. One thing I would like to see is in and out priveleges which wouldn't cost a cent. I never understood why they don't allow it. I use to be a heavy smoker and it held me back from going to games because 3 1/2 hours is a long time to go without a smoke.