View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:25 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I said t when we traded him that it was a mistake and he would score 25 goals this year and that Luke Schenn was going to be a 23 year old Lilja. I think that's going to happen unfortunately and I don't buy the notion that JVR wasn't going to come around here. That's some sour-grapes ******** people are saying. He struggled here because of injuries. That may continue in Toronto but if it doesn't....we lost that trade.

Also, did the cosmonaut look like he came back down to earth this game, (the save percentage looked rough obviously), or were these unstoppable type shots? I didn't get a chance to watch the game.
Schenn's been very good, and no, Bryz was certainly not to blame for this one. Though I agree that JvR would have eventually come around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
He has 7 points in twelve games. If this is as bad as his slumps get that's okay with me. He's still competing hard and he's done enough to earn a longer leash. Relax buds.
Like you said, you didn't watch the game This entire team needs a spur in the ass, and the best way to do it is with your best player or captain...and that's the same player on this team. Put Briere at 1C with Simmonds and Voracek, and Giroux at 3C with Read and McGinn.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote