View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 09:33 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I said t when we traded him that it was a mistake and he would score 25 goals this year and that Luke Schenn was going to be a 23 year old Lilja. I think that's going to happen unfortunately and I don't buy the notion that JVR wasn't going to come around here. That's some sour-grapes ******** people are saying. He struggled here because of injuries. That may continue in Toronto but if it doesn't....we lost that trade.

Also, did the cosmonaut look like he came back down to earth this game, (the save percentage looked rough obviously), or were these unstoppable type shots? I didn't get a chance to watch the game.
You're failing to recognize the team's needs though. If the offense (Giroux in particular), would play up to par, we wouldn't need JVR. We did need help on defense, so we dealt a position of strength for a weakness. Could we have gotten more for JVR? That's debatable, but it wouldn't have been anything more than a mid round pick. We could have kept JVR, but we would be the same team from last year, scoring more and playing horrendous defense.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote