View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 09:38 PM
SJSharks39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
You have to think of it this way:

If Edmonton offered you Gagner, Yann Danis and a 2nd round pick for Couture, would you accept it? Hopefully not because you understand what Couture means to the Sharks and that he is a young player who will be a part of the core of your team for a long time. Gagner is a decent piece, though in need of a new contract at the end of this season, Danis is a goalie who wouldn't help with anything and the pick won't help the Sharks win now either.

Edmonton values Eberle and the other young guns (Hall, RNH, Schultz, Yakupov) like you probably value Couture. We won't move them unless something better is coming back our way. Clowe would be great on Edmonton but being in the final year of his deal dramatically decreases his value, Greiss wont help us and the first will be 20-30 more than likely. There isnt any incentive for the Oilers.

Try to think of it from both teams standpoint when you make proposals. It may sound great for one team, but if thats the case, then 94% of the time the other team wants nothing to do with it.

I hope this helps you out for future proposals. And like Seachd said, don't let the other posters who are flaming you and trolling you get to you. Either ignore them or report them. You'll find in time this is a pretty cool site to browse with some really intelligent people.

Cheers!
Thanks. I've been kind of looking at the site for awhile now and I've definatly seen some of the nicer and more inteligent people like you said. and you're right I kind of thought EDM but saw it as a great trade for the Sharks and tried a quanity of players that in my opinion were kind of close to a young gun from edm without crippling the sharks.

SJSharks39 is offline   Reply With Quote