Thread: Value of: Buf - Det
View Single Post
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Sabres & Blackhawks
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I'd probably do it but I don't know why Detroit should. Regehr's good but he's a UFA this summer. It won't happen regardless. Regehr's got a NMC and he won't be asked to waive it. He's also played the left side pretty much his whole career. I can't remember ever seeing him on the right side and he definitely hasn't been there in Buffalo over the last two years.

I really don't like Quincey too much right now. Filppula is a nice piece but we'd have to worry about re-signing him. Miller could be a decent bottom-six'er for us and he has the brother connection. I'm all for giving Stafford a change of scenery. I've grown far too tired of him.

Detroit's need is on defense and this only brings in a defenseman that might only be there for the rest of the season. Wings are looking for a player signed past this year IMO. Anyway, Regehr's not practical. He should be left out of proposals unless he is asked if he wants to be traded to a contender if we're out of it. Even then I don't see it happening. I see us re-signing him. Ruff likes him a lot and views him as our best defenseman right now so couple that with the NMC and unwillingness to leave Buffalo and he's not on the table.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote