View Single Post
Old
07-07-2006, 10:30 AM
habslife

vCash: 500
When you start overpaying guys $500,000/700,000 in the cap world, you have 3 or 4 overpayments that adds up to $2.5/3.0 in cap space used, I don't get it.
It looks like the Canadiens will be going into the season, without an upgrade in the centre ice position, and it is hard to believe management cannot be proactive enought to solidify the center ice position, yes the young guns will improve, but a team needs strength down the middle, wingers without a decent center become very average.[/QUOTE]

By overpaying, do you mean Koivu's contract? I replied to your thread because it is easy to bash the same player everytime. Koivu is extremely well paid for what he brings to the table but it's ok because he is our beloved captain He is paid for intangibles, for things he brings to the team and can't necessarily be seen by fans or even media; still he is overpaid.

Ribeiro and Koivu are not the only one that are paid too much on this team, but I guess that's the way it is. Rivet was the target before because of his contract and we don't hear about it anymore because he plays better. Give a chance to Ribeiro to prove he's worth the money (between 55 and 65 pts) and if he can't, don't worry he will be traded or left unprotected later on.

habslife is offline   Reply With Quote