View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:02 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
This may actually be a positive with the cap going down next year. A good team can grab one of these guys for the playoff and not worry about their salaries next season.

If I were Snow, I'd move anything not nailed down. Streit, Nabokov and Vis could fetch good returns. I'd also try to move Nielsen and see if you could get something decent in return.
Why move Nielsen? He can actually be a help going forward. I don't want to start from scratch again next year and center is already our thinnest position. Hopefully Strome takes the 2nd line center spot next year (although I would like to see them bring in a top-6 forward who can play center/wing but we all know the odds are against that), but who do we have that would be better than Nielsen on the third line?

Going into next season counting on JT-Strome-Nelson-Cizikas as your center depth is a one-way ticket back to the lottery. Again.

IF Strome and Nelson both prove ready next season, and the Isles have enough high level wingers, then you move Nielsen. But not before you know that you have something better for next year.