View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 11:19 PM
S Crumb

vCash: 500
Can someone please tell me how anyone could come up with a 5 year plan? We didn't even know who we were going to draft in year one never mind in years 2, 3, 4 or 5. Did we know 3 years ago we were getting Schultz? Did we know Nuge would struggle in his second year? How long will it take our young D to develop and when will they be ready for the NHL? Will they be good enough to win a championship? How good is Doobie's ceiling? Is he a Stanley Cup goal tender? Who are we drafting this year and the next? If we drafted Murray then what pieces would be need to fill in our top 6 to take Yak's place? How can anyone say that 5 years is anything but an arbitrary number when there are so many things that can happen month to month and year to year? If you are building solely through the draft like it appears the Oilers are doing please tell me how you can put a time frame on something that is dependent on something as unpredictable as young hockey players.

I know these things take time and I have always prepared myself for a brutal stretch. This has not been enjoyable and it still isn't and the management team better start filling holes when they get opportunities because there are no sure things. Everyone was saying that IF Hemmer, Gagner, Doobie and Whitney had bounce back years and we stayed fairly healthy we would see some solid improvement. Well, besides Whitney we are looking good with those "IFS". The time is now to start improving and Tambo has more say that anyone when it comes to that. What was our record this time last year?

S Crumb is online now   Reply With Quote