View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I would love to see last seasons Machacek back. Good size and hardworking. But, something is off here. He ended the year on a real nice positive note, collected 9 points in 13 games and was a +8. I don't know if there were many Jets fans who didn't pencil Spencer into this roster.

Between the end of last season to the beginning of this (AHL) season (lockout), to training camp in January, something really went off the tracks for Machacek by all indications. The Jets have noticed and apparently so did (up to) the remaining other 29 NHL organizations.

Not every day does an early-twenty something year old who appeared to hit a stride in the NHL with all those things Holden mentions he seen, with the 9 points in just 13 games and a +8 NOT get claimed for FREE on waivers.

Somethings up. From a glance, it is odd that the entire league passed on this young player. Why? Who knows. Perhaps the armchair GM's (us) simply don't know what we think we know.

I wish Spencer the best headed forward, whether it be in a Jets uniform or with another organization.

Last edited by Guerzy: 02-11-2013 at 10:38 PM.