Thread: Value of: Abdelkater to the Oilers
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
FlashyG

vCash: 500
I don't think the deal in the OP is that far off. Abdelkader isn't someone the Wings would view as untradeable. Most Wings fans would want Dan Cleary involved in the deal as well. To free up a roster spot for one of the prospects we have ready to jump to the NHL level.

Omark is intriguing to the Red Wings as he would be able to re-unite with Zetterberg and Brunner who he seemed to have great chemistry with in Switzerland.

Not sure about Whitney though, offensively I think he'd be a good fit for the Wings but they already have quite a few LH shots on the blueline and his +/- numbers are a little scary for a team that already has defensive issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
First off this is not enough for Justin Abdelkader the way Whitney is playing and I don't see any Wings fan liking this proposal. Justin Abdelkader would be nice with the Oilers, but their full of LW 3/4 liners, if he was a RWer I'd be all for it, pass.
For the past couple seasons he has been a center for the Wings, although with the exception of his faceoff abilities he's better suited as a winger.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote