Old
02-11-2013, 11:18 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
If he plays the entire year on the 4th line and doesn't get any PP time, than I don't think you could expect him to put up very many points. But, other teams will look at his back-to-back 20-goal seasons, his diminished role in Chicago and his improved defensive play and I don't doubt there would be a team (multiple ones, probably) willing to take a "chance" on Frolik next year if the Hawks want to move him.

He's really not making that much against the cap. 2.33M for a quality penalty-killer who may be able to chip in 25 points on a third line with more oppurtunity? Yeah, I think a team would take a chance on that.
Good point. My train of thought was something along the lines of contending teams passing over him because of his cap hit which would be a major handcuff next year considering the cap is going to go down significantly, and the reasoning that any team that would be able to fit him under probably wouldn't be in the market to trade for what is essentially a spare part.

I think that any kind of return that another GM would realistically offer up probably isn't worth shipping him out for considering how good of a PKer he's become.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote