View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 11:21 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Eh, not so sure. Horton would have to perform at a high level to compel PC to resign him. His concussion history, following on the Savard experience, should give the GM pause.
Horton is the proto-typical Chiarelli player. Thick power forward who can score. If he can stay healthy this season, I have very little reservation that Chiarelli will give him a new contract, likely at around the same $$ he's making now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Ference has Krug and Bartkowski knocking at the door, and, at a significantly lower rate of pay. These must be considered as teams transition to a 64.4m cap. Factor in Tuukka's raise in pay, PC has some challenges.
Krug is only a half-million less than Ference, with no NHL experience. I don't feel that Bartkowski is in the Bruins' plans, to be honest. I think Trotman sees the ice in Boston before Bartkowski does.

Nobody thought Ference would get the last contract he's playing now ... Since then, we won a cup. My guess is that Chiarelli re-signs him much like Horton (if he stays healthy) ... At around the same $$ he's making now.

----------------------------------------------

Chiarelli likes the group he's assembled and obviously isn't much of a fan of change. I think moving forward, there aren't going to be a lot of openings unless someone forces their way onto the roster ... At which point, Chiarelli will have to adjust the lineup accordingly. And there will always be guys like Aaron Johnson and Jay Pandolfo around making it even harder for a rook to crack the lineup ... PC likes his veteran insurance policies.

Will certainly be interesting to see how things unfold moving forward, but unless another Bourque comes along or a ******* son of Cam Neely appears , doubt anyone will be handed a spot.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote