View Single Post
Old
02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
No rebuilding team goes from second last to playoffs. There's an Inbetween phase in there.

I remember the year that Hall and Eberle were rookies there was a thread posted asking what year everyone expected to compete for the playoffs. If I recall correctly, the consensus was: a top 3 selection in 2011, top 5 in 2012, top 10 in 2013 while competing for a playoff spot in April.

I think that's where we are right now. We might not make the playoffs, but we won't be a bottom feeder. Just a few years ago everyone predicted 2013-2014 was the year we were going to compete. It's the five year rebuild plan.

This is the offseason I expect us to go after free agents that will hell the team. We can buy contracts out, Whitney and Khabibulin will be gone and Hall, Eberle, RNH and whatever pieces of the core Gagner, Smid, Schultz will be locked up so management will have an idea of the amount of money try can throw around on the open market.

Perry, Clowe, Scuderi, Horton? Oreilly maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers made a FA splash, or a big trade this offseason. I think the plan all along is to be a playoff team by 2013-2014. Nothing has changed.

Lets not get impatient now.

Last edited by Mr Forever: 02-11-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote