Thread: Post-Game Talk: Coyotes @ Avs
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Nihiliste

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
I wouldn't say the rebuild failed. I'd say the management failed. The player we have, tho albeit some we overpaid for, are solid to build around. A core of:

Lando - Duch - XXX
XXX - Staz - XXX
XXX - ROR - XXX

EJ - XXX

Varly

Is not a bad start. Its just the supporting cast of dmen that suck. Offense just needs better coaching. But if management is unwilling to pay to keep certain players and more importantly, unwilling to make the office/bench chances to support those players it won't matter who we have on the ice if the person behind the bench is a moron.

Don't believe me? Look at the 2004 avs. Great iced team, BAD coach..

That's exactly what I mean when I say the rebuild has failed. Now consider the fact that in a year and a half probably neither Stastny nor O'reilly will be on this team, what exactly will we have as the fruits of our labor these past 4 years.

Duchene
EJ
Landeskog
Varly
Whatever we get back for ROR

I doubt we'll get a core player back for Stastny the way he's playing.

That's really not much. We'll be a bad team for a long, long time at this rate. But to me a big part of the problem is our **** coaching, management not being willing to pay to retain guys, overpaying in trades for two of the core pieces we do have, and most of all failing to put our young guys in a position to succeed and develop.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote