Old
02-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
For Phaneuf? No.

Phaneuf in STL is Brewer 2.0, a guy who can't play good enough to be a #1/2 D but is going to be forced into playing it. I don't see how that helps us at all.
Sorry guys! Don't want you to think I'm invading your forum here but these statements tell me how little you watch Toronto games, and how much you truly know about Dion Phaneuf.

He's been extremely good this season. He was being overplayed to start the year and is playing with a rookie partner in Mike Kostka (who hasn't looked so shabby either).

Just want to clear the misconception that Phaneuf and Brewer do not belong in the same sentence - its insulting. He is a top pairing D-man, no doubt about that.

You guys can keep Perron because I'll have absolutely no interest in trading Phaneuf for Perron.

Cheers! Hope you guys can turn it around soon as I spend a bunch of my nights watching Blues hockey and I enjoy it.

Backes was noticeably upset with the dynamic of your team. He called out a bunch of players indirectly where he blamed them for playing for themselves and stat-padding rather than sacrificing their bodies and playing a team game.

I guess this happens with a young team. Time for Hitchcock to ditch the niceness he learnt from Wally Buono and become a hard-ass again.