View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:22 AM
stungun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
Leviathan and any others reasonably close by:

I'm in Mansfield. My condo has heat, hot water, and a common laundry room, also there's a laundromat within walking distance. Feel free to PM me if I can help you out.

My brother is in Marshfield and hasn't had power since Friday night. He works at CSN up in Burlington, not a fun commute. He doesn't have a smartphone, so I've been following the NSTAR outage map and Marshfield scanner twitter to send him updates when he's not at work. Marshfield has gotten power back in a few areas, but mostly by the water and he's over on the Pembroke line. I invited him to come stay with me, but he's toughing it out with his dog.

Lots of the nurses I work with live on the S. Shore and don't have power.
Hey Prodigal my family is in Marshfield (MarshVegas) too. They are pretty screwed from the sounds of it, trees and poles snapped everywhere with wires down on my brothers car (they parked four in the driveway/hill so his is blocking all the others from getting out). Sisters in Scituate, Plymouth and Pembroke all without power this afternoon too. Told them all to come up here to visit me in Maine, hell most of them are coming up next week anyways... Frigging crazy, if anyone is without power pack up your ski gear and head north at least you will be warm. All kidding aside I hope life turns back to normal soon and seriously consider buying a portable generator, I got one before Hurricane Sandy for $300 at BJ's, cant power everything but may make you more comfortable for a few days. Take care and go B's................