View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:57 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HersheyHockey View Post
It was painful to see that shot of Tavares at the end of the game. He feels exactly what we're feeling times ten and then some even worse than that because you know he (undeservedly) feels partly responsible for this as a leader of the team.

To know that such a phenomenal young talent is having years of his career wasted by an owner who downright doesn't care is sickening. Absolutely sickening. His expression at the end of tonight's game was the embodiment of that.
Agreed, it did hurt to see that. He's going to be a better player for it. The kid is a fighter and he'll remember these days. He's special and I believe in my heart that he'll be the one to bring this team back.

Call me naive, but I see this team as another Quebec Nordiques. Fitting considering all the relocation talk, but moving to Brooklyn is a seismic shift in this team and essentially gives them a fresh start. Tavares is the franchise just like Sakic was back then. The Isles have a buttload of promising prospects and they are nearing NHL readiness. Nino, Strome and Reinhart are expected to be big contributors and so far, things are looking good in their development. Hamonic will be a stud on the blue line. I suspect we will be one of the youngest teams in the league in 2 years, but filled with talent.

It's put up or shut up time for Wang and Snow then. Wang's a business man and with the expected extra revenue available at the BC, he'll spend to improve the team to generate buzz. Bottom line, the ROI is obviously much higher in Brooklyn. Make decisions and make some trades to improve the roster. Sign some 2nd tier FA's that are still in their prime. If they can land a big fish, that would be even better. The massive amount of cap space and roster flexibility are weapons. There are no awful contracts - other than DP. He really should be amnestied, it's not funny anymore.

Get that coach and suddenly, this team could legitimately pull a St. Louis type jump. I see the light. It's faint, but it's there.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote