View Single Post
02-12-2013, 03:37 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
The Oilers should be looking into a couple of players at this point. Shake things up, add some grit. I don't even mean big blockbuster deals, I mean moving some of our biubles players for some other teams struggling bubble players.

Notable names I've seen voiced displeasure with this season include Ryane Clowe, Bryan Boyle (NYR), John Erskine, Eric Fehr, Dustin Penner (meh, depending on price) and Troy Brouwer.

Some minor fourth line names that could be available: Mike Brown, David Steckel, Marcel Goc, Colton Gillies, Ben Ferriero, Brad Staubitz etc.

Just on guys struggling hard this year we could probably ship out guys like Hemsky, Paajarvi, Khabbi, Belanger (Horc/Smyth/Whitney if we lucky) and a couple mid picks and grab a Brian Boyle, Ryane Clowe, and a couple forth liners and suddenly we not the smalklest team in the league.

For example:
Eager-Steckel/(Horcoff if healthy)-Brown/Petrell/Goc/etc

Call me crazy, but I think that is mighty realistic and makes a sizable difference. And then people could stop *****ing about getting us a big center.

Even a couple young reclamation projects in guys like Niederreiter, Stewart, and Tangradi out there.

And Hell yeah, I'd do a Whitney for Streit/Lubo deal any day at this point.
Brian Boyle as our 3C would be a nice addition. Adding him and Clowe would definitely make us a tougher to play against squad.

Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated