View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Stop. Just stop.

We are in a REBUILD.

I'm not truly judging Steve Tambellini until seeing how he does when we actually go for the wins. You could argue we started this summer. His first impression is terrible (almost picked up Heatley while dealing Smid, Khabibulin deal) but we'll see.

So far, in the first year of us actually trying to win (not counting Yakupov):
-Nick Schultz for Tom Gilbert
-Signed Justin Schultz
-Re-signed Ryan Smyth
-Re-signed Darcy Hordichuk
-Re-signed Gagner/Dubnyk to short term deals
-Extended Hall and Eberle long term
-Traded for Mark Fistric

I'm judging those moves and future moves to fully make a decision regarding Tambellini. So far since last deadline, everything's looking good for the most part, other than Smyth/Hordy. I think it's more of an impatience to look at the last three years and get angry, we are/were in a rebuild and everyone needs to understand that. Our kids had to develop, and meanwhile, Tambo looked for roster fillers/hidden gems to try to find a useful guy (example, if Barker rebounded, maybe that accelerated the rebuild a bit. It failed, but he tried). That failed, but whatever, the point was the kids getting some experience. Now that Harty and Paajarvi and most of our kids are in the lineup, we'll get to see the real Tambellini as he makes moves to try and win.

If he makes bad moves, then I'll jump onto the fire wagon quickly. If not, I'll probably point and laugh at the doubters as our team makes the postseason. Should be interesting from now until April 3.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote