View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 03:19 AM
TheKule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi0308 View Post
How did holzer do vs the flyers? How did he play compared to luke in that one game?
I didn't watch Luke much, but Holzer was bad. He seems to get nervous when it's his turn to move the puck out of the zone, and combine it with his slow acceleration, he often gets caught up by forecheckers. Simmonds was on him like white on rice.

He also took a terrible boarding penalty that gave the Flyers a 5 minute PP, immediately after the Leafs had killed a 2 minute PP. It was 4-1 at that point and it was the exact thing the Flyers needed to climb back into the game. All's well that ends well?

In short, he was bad. But it's only been 8 or so games for him. Gonna need at least another 12 before we have a good idea of what he is. I'm not so sure Holmgren is on the phone trying for a Schenn-Holzer swap, though .

I'll add: he was also responsible for the Flyers first goal. Simmonds got position on him, then got 2 whacks at the puck to bury it. It was a favourable rebound for Simmonds though, and he reacted very very quickly, so we can probably chalk it up to bad puckluck.

Last edited by TheKule: 02-12-2013 at 03:26 AM.
TheKule is offline   Reply With Quote