Old
02-12-2013, 07:56 AM
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Warts?

The second article I link to refutes most of the warts, such as Semin the bad playoff performer which you bring up.

He's a great player, solid defensive ability as well as one of the top-10 snipers in the game, he actually would have been ideal for the Plekanec line and that's where the non-tanker part of me wanted him penciled in the summer. He's got the three-zone skill to play on a shutdown line like Plekanec, and as one of the best shooters in the game he would mesh well with Plekanec's passing.

Maybe Therrien would have played him for 7 minutes a game on the 4th line with Eller and Armstrong and then he wouldn't be performing well, you make a valid point.
Listen man, I don't disagree with you but at the moment he was a risky signing. Any number of stats won't change the image that surrounded Semin at the time - he was bad against us in the playoffs that year, he was bad last playoffs too.

He would be a great addition to any team (especially Washington!) but he HAS HIS WARTS. His own teammate ripped him to the media, as much of a scrub Bradley might be, it's pretty bad.