View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 07:53 AM
wingman22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Id possibly take Korostelev over Stephens. Not Strome though. I think I might have been a little too critical when I posted that to the masses.

Korostelev deserves a little bit of reserved judgement in my opinion. He got injured late October right when things were heating up for him and his team. He is still getting back to peak fitness and is still working on his timing. He has improved since the Marlies classic which is a good sign. He has been on the PK for JR canadiens through the playoffs and thats good to have on your resume. He still plays with a sleeve on his wrist and forearm. Im sure everything is healed fine, but the mental part of the injury is ususally the last part to forget about. He will get there. His stick handling continues to impress me and his feet appear to be improving a tad. He loves to score goals and he is determined most games to generate his chances to score, usually all on his own. He should flourish with a solid 2 way playmaking center. He has a ton of potential. In the next few years if he fine tunes that rocket and improves the explosion in his feet, he will be scary.
In a nut shell you are not beg on defensive forwards. I agree with LuvtoWatch, he has no interest in playing in his own end. I would take A couple of Rebs kids and JrC kids before Korostelev. All three are different forwards, Strome best playmaker by far, Stephens probably best two way player other than Konecney. Korostelev can score, but he disappears when it gets tough.