View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 08:22 AM
delchief

vCash: 500
I would be nice to have that nuclear option like Carkner but not essential. They certainly did try to re-sign him but I agree 100% with letting the Isles take him for $4.5 mil over 3 years. He's a great team guy and gave us a hell of a spark in that Rangers series. Terrific intangibles. But not worth investing that kind of money given that he is injured so often.

The entire team played like a bunch of pansies in that Jets game. All of them. The main toughness element is mental. Be harder on pucks. Win battles on the boards. Stick up for one another. Fight occasionally, sure, but be smart about it.

As long as the team can respond when teams try to take liberties (Boston and Toronto in particular) and can be aggressive on the forecheck and tough in front of their own net then I'm happy. If any of these are missing because we don't have the right personnel then I am unhappy. The GM's role is to find the right mix. That doesn't mean a team full of Chris Neils. Nor does it mean a team full of Peter Regins. A good team should have complimentary skill sets that set the right conditions for maximum scoring potential.

delchief is offline   Reply With Quote