View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
When you've never seen a winning season like me you learn to just enjoy the game. Just enjoy the little things. Every season I buy Game Center for PS3 and just watch hockey. I usually root on my sister team Montreal. If you don't expect anything you won't get disappointed. I'm not saying I'm a Habs fan but I love the city and the history of the club, so I got a little soft spot for them.

Don't let Mr. Wang ruin the sport for you gentleman. Watch the game and enjoy this beautiful unique sport for what it is. I have to believe that the Isles at some point have to be competitive. Until that happens, enjoy the game and step back from the ledge.

Editors Note: I never listen to my own advice ;-)
This. So much this.

I am the same way. Gamecenter really is amazing. I LOVE the sport of hockey. Can't get enough. I don't let the Islanders ruin that for me. I get a lot more joy out of watching games around the league than I do the Islanders. Why? Because I can't get annoyed watching other teams. I can just enjoy the game for what it is.

Unfortunately, what seems like most on this board don't agree with me. I see a ton of people here saying Islanders or bust or before Brooklyn if the team would have moved they would never watch hockey again. Sadly, it seems there are more "Islander fans" than "hockey fans" if that makes any sense at all. I'm a hockey fan first. Always have been.

There was a time where I used to let every loss get to me but then I got smart. I find it hard to invest the type of emotion I used to invest when the organization CLEARLY has no intention of icing a winning team... Just the cheapest team. Until that ends, I can't see myself being the die-hard I used to be.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote